What the fibre sourcing data in B.C. tells us about wood pellets

  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Our report findings were clear: 85 per cent of the fibre for pellets comes from the by-products of sawmills and allied industries, and the remaining 15 per cent comes from logging debris and low-quality logs.

Recently there have been many discussions of the use of fibre from B.C.’s forests for bioenergy. Biomass is already a mainstream source of renewable energy in B.C., as well as in many other jurisdictions, including the European Union where bioenergy provides almost 60 per cent of all renewable energy.


Source: Prince George Citizen


Legal Notice: Paper Advance is not responsible for the accuracy or availability of content on external websites.