Canadian Kraft Paper offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member.
We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in the success of our Company and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
Our structure and culture encourages innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice environmental sustainability.
Under the direction of the Harvesting Superintendent, the Harvesting Supervisor is responsible for all operational activities within an assigned unit for the Forest Management License. The Harvesting Supervisor is accountable to provide input to forest planning and silviculture, harvesting and hauling, road layout and construction, and block layout in accordance with predetermined key production, safety and financial performance targets ensuring that all Company operations comply with government regulations.
- The incumbent must have completed a recognized Post-Secondary Forestry Program.
o Recognized programs include a Forestry Degree or Forestry / Resource Management Diploma.
- Minimum 3 years related harvesting operations experience.
- The incumbent must possess technical forestry and logging related skills as well as a thorough understanding of forest policy, guidelines and regulations and other applicable forestry legislation.
- The successful applicant is required to be a self-starter with excellent organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills and must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and changing priorities.
- The ability to pay keen attention to detail is essential and must have working knowledge of computer programs.
- The ability to work safely, alone outdoors in all weather conditions, in remote areas.
- The incumbent must be able to operate in a team environment as well as manage relationships with contractors, government agencies and other outside resources.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we help provide a future for our employees. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what defines a person is more than just their career; that’s why we support a work/life balance, so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!
LIVING IN THE PAS:
The Pas community is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for all those that love the outdoors with an abundance of outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and skidoo trails; and camping, boating, hunting and fishing are at their finest! Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence, its raw natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.com about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.