FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit research centers working in forest research. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry to develop path breaking solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favouring a sustainable development approach and taking full advantage of the industry’s considerable scientific, technological and commercial capital.
The Paper & Consumer Products group in the Smart Manufacturing Innovation Centre of Excellence is looking for a person to work as a Research Scientist in the field of papermaking.
Reporting to the Group Manager, the successful candidate will work independently to conduct research and studies in line with the vision and overall objectives set out by the Project Leaders.
- Actively participate in the coordination of research activities related to paper machine efficiency and end-users/converting performance;
- Coordinate and execute contract activities related to dimensional stability and web uniformity;
- Support mill trials involving measurements, data analysis and process control;
- Complete reports and presentations for customers (both contracts and research work);
- Ensure quality of the data and the calibrations of tools/instruments.
In addition, during the first 12 months it is expected that the incumbent will:
- Develop unique skills and expertise related to dimensional stability and web uniformity, paper machine efficiency and end-users/converting performance;
- Develop strong relationships and interact with existing customers;
- Play an active role in the development of new tools and research methods.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering;
- Minimum of 3-4 years of industry or R & D experience;
- Experience in pulp & paper is an asset;
- Experience in data analysis methods (statistics, signal analysis, etc.)(an asset);
- Strong customer orientation;
- Good communicator, very organized, responsible, proactive and troubleshooting skills;
- Fluency in English and in French (written and spoken);
- Functional knowledge of MSOffice(Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Available for business travel in Canada.
IMPORTANT: Please indicate the reference number # 629 in the subject line.