DIAXON, producer of polypropylene film (BOPP) in Greece, has appointed Greycon to implement its Supply Chain software solutions to improve customer service, production efficiencies and reduce waste.
The project will include the installation of Greycon's trimming (X-Trim), planning and optimisation (opt-Studio) as well as GreyconMill, its Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software.
Ioannis Papantoniou, Plant Manager at DIAXON said: "DIAXON is highly focussed on producing high quality products and serving its customers with efficiency and innovation. Having been in operation since 2000, and grown substantially, we needed to automate our systems further to improve customer service, reduce costs and time lost through downtime and switchovers, as well as achieve real-time transparency on raw materials, customer stock levels and traceability through the manufacturing process.
"By installing Greycon's software, we will be able to improve our customer service and on-time delivery, optimise our planning and stock levels, as well as minimise our waste levels. Our target Go Live date is February 2019."
Constantine Goulimis, CEO at Greycon said: "Following a successful pre-implementation study, DIAXON has decided to implement Greycon's software solutions in its plant in Komotini, Greece. The project will take us 10 months to implement and will provide DIAXON with the following improvements:
- Improved customer service through improves on-time delivery
- Improved efficiency through reduction of costs, downtimes, switchovers
- Minimisation of trim waste
- Increased transparency of raw and packaging materials consumption as well as improved purchase order planning to allow less stock outs
- Better inventory management to ensure materials will be ready to deliver to customers even on urgent situations
- Transparent traceability from Finished Good to Raw Materials for root-cause quality analysis
- Available To Promise (ATP)/ Capable To Promise (CTP) functionality to guarantee correct timelines are communicated to customers without over promising plant's capacity
DIAXON is a 100% subsidiary of Hellenic Petroleum SA and producer of polypropylene film (BOPP) in Greece. Hellenic Petroleum Group has a strong presence in the Greek petrochemical sector and significant export activities. These activities are driven by the Petrochemicals production units, which are located in the Industrial Complex of Thessaloniki and at DIAXON's plant in Komotini's industrial park. The modern facilities, the quality of products and the fulfilment of various market requirements, have established the company's competitiveness and leadership in the Mediterranean region. The sales and transport of both Petrochemicals and BOPP film activities are coordinated and performed by Hellenic Petroleum's commercial team.
Greycon is the world's leading provider of production planning, scheduling and manufacturing execution systems that have been designed specifically for roll-based & flat sheet industries. Greycon operate throughout the world. Greycon's strength is the extensive range of specialist software solutions for Paper & Board, Plastic Films & Flexible Packaging, Nonwovens, Metals and Converting industries supported by powerful optimisation algorithms and a highly experienced team of consultants.