JANUARY–DECEMBER 2019 (1–12/2018)
- Sales were EUR 5,473 million (5,709).
- Operating result was EUR 374 million (843). Comparable operating result was EUR 495 million (849).
- Result before taxes was EUR 316 million (769). Comparable result before taxes was EUR 436 million (775).
- Comparable return on capital employed was 9.6% (16.8).
- Cash flow from operations was EUR 658 million (882).
OCTOBER–DECEMBER 2019 (10–12/2018)
- Sales were EUR 1,290 million (1,419).
- Operating result was EUR 32 million (208). Comparable operating result was EUR 76 million (208).
- Result before taxes was EUR 18 million (193). Comparable result before taxes was EUR 62 million (193).
- Comparable return on capital employed was 6.1% (16.4).
- Cash flow from operations was EUR 236 million (292).
Events during the fourth quarter of 2019
- The average dollar-denominated price of long-fibre pulp decreased by 10% and that of short-fibre pulp by 15% compared to the previous quarter.
- Paperboard deliveries declined from the previous quarter due to the seasonal decline in December. The average prices of folding boxboard and white kraftliner remained stable.
- Metsä Board began investments in the first phase of the modernisation of the Husum pulp mill in advance of the final investment decision. The investment amounted to EUR 21 million. The total value of the first phase of the investment is approximately EUR 320 million.
- In December 2019, Metsä Tissue made an agreement on the sale of its napkin business. The transaction covers the property, machinery, equipment and warehouses of the Stotzheim mill, located in Germany, and the Fasana and Mondial brands.
Source: Metsä Group