Home News Industry News Ponderay Mill Named Supplier of the Year by Gannett

Ponderay Mill Named Supplier of the Year by Gannett

The Ponderay newsprint mill, located in Usk (Washington), has been selected by Gannett, a leading U.S. media and marketing company, as their Supplier of the Year for 2017. Gannett publishes the iconic USA Today, and manages 109 local media organizations and 160 news brands. Through an extensive survey process covering over 120 print sites, Gannett Supply rated its suppliers on quality, delivery and service. These scores determined 80% of the Supplier of the Year award, with the remaining 20% linked to supplier sustainability, trust and overall support.

In recognition of this achievement, Gannett will be donating a total of $10,000 to two local charitable organizations chosen by Ponderay employees. The organizations are Youth Emergency Services, which supports homeless and at-risk youth, and the Newport Hospital & Health Services Foundation, in support of the Healthy Kids Snack Bags and Reach Out and Read programs.

A ceremony was held on July 11 during which Frank O'Toole, president of Gannett Supply, presented the award to mill employees and the donations to the charitable organizations. "We are pleased to recognize Ponderay with our Supplier of the Year award. The mill has provided exceptional service and support to our many pressrooms and achieved high marks across our survey that ranked them first in service, second in quality and third in delivery. We also deeply value Ponderay's commitment to the environment through their sustainability certifications," said Mr. O'Toole. " "At Ponderay, we take customer service and product quality very seriously. This makes a big difference to our customers and sets us apart from our competitors," stated Myron Johnson, general manager of the Ponderay mill. "Our employees understand that, and deserve the credit for the award."

This is the second honor Ponderay has received in the last year. In October 2017, the mill received the Environmental Excellence Award from the Northwest Pulp and Paper Association for reducing its carbon emissions, improving its overall energy efficiency and for lowering its water consumption levels.

Ponderay Newsprint Company is a partnership between Resolute Forest Products and three leading U.S. newspaper companies. Resolute holds a 40% interest in the joint venture and is the managing partner for mill operations, which currently employ more than 140 people in the area.

Congratulations to the Ponderay mill team for this well-deserved award!

Source: The Resolute Blog

 
paptac-portal
subscription-enewsletter
access-enewsletters
New Job Postings
buckman banner
Paper & Beyond

fpinnovations banner
kadant banner

Precision Roll Grinders

buckman banner
Xerium Banner

Specialty Papers

Cristini Banner
Paper Advance Banner