ALPHARETTA, Ga.-- Neenah, Inc. (NYSE: NP), a leading global manufacturer of specialty materials focused on filtration, specialty coatings, engineered materials, and imaging and packaging released an update to its 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) report which highlights the ways in which Neenah is enabling sustainable practices that prioritize the safety and well-being of employees, our communities and environment.
The report details the progress we’ve made in the last three quarters including:
- Achieving a full-year 30% improvement in recordable incident rates in our facilities, as we aspire to reach zero injuries
- Establishing long-term goals for reducing greenhouse gas emissions as part of our broader strategy to reduce our environmental impact
- Expanding our portfolio of environmentally preferred products and receiving several new certifications from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Participating in national and regional initiatives that leverage the resources and influence of business to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Updating the charters of our three Board of Director committees to further define the Board’s role in ESG oversight
- Executing our first global employee engagement survey and creating a plan to put employee insights into action
This ESG report is a companion piece to the March 2021 release of the Neenah Corporate Sustainability Report. When reviewed together, the two publications present a full picture of our ESG commitments and achievements. We plan to release a full 2022 report based on Global Reporting Standards (GRI), later this year.
About Neenah, Inc.
Neenah is committed to manufacturing growth for its customers, end-users, shareholders, and employees. With manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and the United Kingdom, we are a leading global manufacturer of specialty materials serving customers across six continents, with headquarters in Alpharetta, GA. We're focused on growing in filtration media, specialty coatings, engineered materials, and premium packaging. Our materials are found in various products used every day, such as transportation and water filters, premium packaging of spirits, technology and beauty products, industrial labels, tapes and abrasives, and digital printing for high-end apparel. To learn more, please visit www.neenah.com.