Pratt Industries a leading provider of high-quality paper-based and other packaging solutions, has a history of and commitment to sustainable business practices.
We back up that claim every day with unprecedented investment in innovative technology at our mills and converting facilities, an emphasis on paper recovery and recycling, a commitment to creating quality green jobs, and engagement in the communities in which we live and work.
As part of our sustainability efforts, we focus on the environment as well as the health and safety of all people including our employees. Taking seriously our role as environmental stewards, we work to ensure we meet the needs of the present generation without compromising the quality of life of future generations.
Our environmental sustainability efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing advanced technology and a highly skilled workforce to create cutting-edge packaging solutions at our four — soon to be five — 100 percent recycled paper mills.
- Making an unprecedented investment in infrastructure and green jobs.
- Optimizing packaging and reducing fiber consumption thanks to lighter weight advanced grade structures, made possible by the most innovative and modern containerboard system in North America.
- Recovering more than 2.2 million tons of paper and other recyclable materials yearly.
- Working with customers to maximize waste diversion while creating cost savings and a revenue stream for valuable recyclable materials.
Pratt Industries has been involved in protecting the environment for decades, using technologies and systems like the above, that are designed to minimize the use of the Earth's limited resources. Our focus is on reclaiming fiber through recycling OCC (Old Corrugated Containers) and Mixed Paper and converting that discarded fiber into 100 percent recycled packaging, thereby reducing our impact and our customer's impact on the environment. Realizing that our environmental efforts also help our customers meet their own sustainability goals, we are pleased to make available this summary of related practices and accomplishments which we carry into 2019 and beyond!
Click here to receive the full version of our Sustainability Principles Summary.
About Pratt Industries
As the fifth largest corrugated packaging company in the United States and the world's largest privately held 100 percent recycled paper and packaging company, our series of corrugating facilities strategically placed throughout the U.S. and Mexico continue to fulfill Pratt's mission to be the best vertically integrated paper, packaging and resource recovery company in the western hemisphere.
Source: Pratt Industries