FPInnovations’ anticipated course, the Pulp, Paper, and Bioproducts course, will take place from October 24 to 28, 2022 with on-site (Montreal, QC) and on-line participation options.
The on-site participants will have the opportunity of a lab and pilot plant tour and of seeing live lab demonstrations.
This 5-day course is designed to provide comprehensive training for a wide range of professionals in the industry including newly hired engineering interns, process engineers, technical specialists, sales representatives, and trade association and government staff.
FPInnovations’ industry-specific knowledge and experience adds value and insight to this course. With a wide range of topics and each topic covered by an expert, this course will enhance participants’ technical knowledge in pulp, paper, and bioproducts.
The course covers subjects including:
- Forest resources and certification to ensure sustainable forest management and pulp & paper production.
- Fibre morphology and wood chemistry, and how they affect pulp and paper properties.
- Pulp and paper manufacturing processes, from raw materials to various final products.
- How the properties of products can be modified through combinations of pulping, refining, papermaking and finishing.
- How pulp & paper industry could help the move towards circular economy and bioeconomy.
The training course may be used to fulfill the professional development requirements for some professional designations, such as engineers. A certificate will be issued to each participant after the training course. Please note that the course will be given in English.
For more information on the Pulp, Paper, and Bioproducts Course or to register, please email