FPInnovations’ anticipated course, the Pulp, Paper, and Bioproducts course, will take place from October 24 to 28, 2022 with on-site (Montreal, QC) and on-line participation options.
The on-site participants will have the opportunity of a lab and pilot plant tour and of seeing live lab demonstrations.
This 5-day course is designed to provide comprehensive training for a wide range of professionals in the industry including newly hired engineering interns, process engineers, technical specialists, sales representatives, and trade association and government staff.
FPInnovations’ industry-specific knowledge and experience adds value and insight to this course. With a wide range of topics and each topic covered by an expert, this course will enhance participants’ technical knowledge in pulp, paper, and bioproducts.
The course covers subjects including:
- Forest resources and certification to ensure sustainable forest management and pulp & paper production.
- Fibre morphology and wood chemistry, and how they affect pulp and paper properties.
- Pulp and paper manufacturing processes, from raw materials to various final products.
- How the properties of products can be modified through combinations of pulping, refining, papermaking and finishing.
- How pulp & paper industry could help the move towards circular economy and bioeconomy.
The training course may be used to fulfill the professional development requirements for some professional designations, such as engineers. A certificate will be issued to each participant after the training course. Please note that the course will be given in English.