With responsible forestry, natural climate solutions, regenerative building practices and consumer demand for environmentally responsible products at the forefront, FSC is inviting companies to showcase their leadership and inspire others to raise the bar.
This year, the 12th annual FSC Leadership Awards recognize excellence in the use of FSC-certified products and commitment to responsible forest management in building, manufacturing, advocacy, conservation and individual leadership in the FSC community.
People, projects and organizations in Canada, Mexico and the USA are eligible in the categories below:
- A design & build project — a commercial, institutional, mixed-use or residential real estate development, or furniture or other product design completed in 2020, 2021 or 2022 and utilizing at least 50 percent FSC-certified materials for wood products.
- An FSC-certified company or organization — a current FSC certificate holder.
- An FSC trademark license holder — a current trademark license holder.
- A nonprofit organization — a partnership or shared goal with the Forest Stewardship Council.
- An uncommon partnership — a campaign, event or project that your company or organization completed in tandem with another company or organization brought about by your common interest in FSC and responsible forest management.
- An individual champion — an individual who has exemplified extraordinary leadership in innovating and advancing FSC and responsible forest management.
Past winners include Mattel, which sourced 97 percent recycled or FSC-certified content used in its packaging and products last year; and Canadian lumber and forest products giant GreenFirst, for maintaining FSC certification on over 9 million acres of complex boreal landscapes in Ontario and Quebec.
You are encouraged to submit your own project or organization, or to nominate another. A jury will select winners based on the applications received. Submissions are due Friday, September 16, 2022. Winners will be notified in October.
Source: FSC Canada