In keeping with the quality and integrity of the Genuine Parts program, Kadant Solutions has developed Yankee doctor maintenance kits for the tissue making industry.
Each kit contains the tools necessary for the proper upkeep of Kadant Solutions Yankee creping holders by the end user.
The kits are designed for all Kadant Conformatic™ creping blade holders and provide the unique tools needed for Yankee doctor maintenance, including the AngleSet™ gauge, dial indicator, set up block assembly, and sockets.
What’s inside each kit?
- The AngleSet™ gauge is used to measure blade angles and check blade level with an accuracy of ±0.1 degrees. The gauge has Bluetooth capability to connect to the exclusive Kadant AngleSet mobile app.
- The profiling gauge tool is used to measure the distance between the holder back plate and the Yankee surface at any point along the holder. These measurements are part of the holder profiling procedure.
- The set-up block assembly is placed between the holder back plate and Yankee surface, then pinned there by lightly loading the Yankee doctor. It sets a holder back plate reference position relative to the Yankee surface.
- The specific sockets for the kit match the holder hardware that must be removed or adjusted as part of the holder profiling procedure.
- A hard case will keep all the tools in one place for easy and safe storage.
“Using a Yankee doctor maintenance kit will help customers ensure their creping doctors are running effectively for optimum production in between service visits from their Kadant Solutions field service technician,” according to Scott Borges, product line manager for doctoring at Kadant Solutions. Look for the Kadant Solutions Genuine Parts seal to be reassured you are using the highest quality parts. For expert adjustments by qualified Kadant Solutions field service technicians please contact your district sales manager.
About the Author