FPInnovations is pleased to invite mills in the sawmilling and kiln drying sectors to two information sessions on our new platforms.
These webinars are free of charge and include a general presentation, an overview of the software, case studies, and a period for questions.
We invite you to share this invitation with anyone who may be interested in the topic. We hope to see you there!
Date: Thursday, October 6
Time: 13h to 15h (ET)
Connect with Teams
FPDrySim is the new simulation and optimization platform for conventional kiln drying designed by FPInnovations. All participants willing to improve the quality, productivity, or energy consumption of their drying operations are welcome.
As part of this webinar, we will present the research background behind the development of the tool as well as the data required for its use. A few case studies will be presented where FPDrySim will be used before your eyes. The session will conclude with how to access the tool.
Interested participants will have access to the first version of the platform as part of a first launch and validation phase. Participants to the session and showing an interest for the platform will have priority for access to FPDrySim during this first phase.
Date: Wednesday, October 19
Time: 14h to 16h (ET)
Connect with Teams
Optitek II is an (enhanced) sawmill simulation software platform that allows stakeholders in the sawmill ecosystem to validate, analyze, and measure the impact on key performance indicators of new technologies and processes. This decision support tool is useful for evaluating new market opportunities and the impact of changes in fiber resources.
The webinar will provide an overview of the available features and modules. The following topics will be covered:
- Use of the database system to manage users, logs, machine centers, grade files, and simulation result
- machine center configuration (creation and modification) and possibility to add conditions and actions
- execution of a simulation scenario
- analysis modules:
- Forest module (stem supply from the forest to the mill)
- Flow module (analysis of equipment capacity)
- PEP module (profitabilility evaluation program)
- Secondary Manufacturing module (wood processing into intermediate or finished products).